Search This Blog

Friday 22 April 2016

Nature Box April 2016 Unboxing

Got my Nature Box in the mail today.  Right on time since we were starting to run low on snacks.    There are reasons why I continued this subscription: it promises simple ingredients, no artificial stuff, no HF corn syrup, no MSG and calorie-size is always below 200 calories.  That is exactly what I want in my snacks! :)  They are healthy, smart and crave-worthy options and I get to choose what I want in my box every single month.


You can get:
5 snacks at 19,95$ per box or
10 snacks at 32.95$ per box

Shipment can be done to match your schedule:
Every week
Every two weeks or
Every month.

I opted for 10 snacks every month.  Shipping is free to US but costs 4.95$ for Canadians, which is reasonable. To try a free box, click here!

I added a review of last month's snacks in my last review.  If you want to check it out, click here. 

As for this month's snacks, I realize you probably would like to see what these snacks look like but not all of them are equipped with a ziplock.  So, as always, I will include links to the actual snack on Nature Box website.
 This was a last minute add-on : Salt and Vinegar Veggies Chips.  I am a huge sucker for salt and vinegar chips so obviously could not resist adding this to my pantry.  Made with yucca, purple sweet potatoes, yellow sweet potatoes and plantains, it is sure to add a little bit of variety in every byte.

Review: The taste on these isn't too strong; I liked them but with plantains in them, I couldn't eat too many of them (banana allergy), so this was Alex's snack, mostly.  He really appreciated them.

Next, I have 4 single servings of Cranberry Medley, which is a blend of pomegranate flavored cranberries, acai flavored cranberries and dried blueberries. I can't see how this would not be enjoyed.

Review:  for some reason, these took longer for us to get into...not because they aren't good, because they absolutely are!  I guess we were just more into the savory things this month.  I'd definitely get this again though because they are quite good, and healthy for you!  I especially appreciate the dried blueberries.

Next item is Blueberry Almond Quinoa Bites are small bites of puffed quinoa, dried blueberries, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.  Honestly, when I read the ingredients on this one, I knew I had to try it.  They also look quite tasty

Review:  These are just plain addictive!  These little morsels pack so much flavor in every byte, it's incredible we didn't eat them in one sitting.  I enjoy granola-like snacks...this fits the bill.

Last month, I tried to get this snack and was disappointed to find out it was out of stock.  So this month, I am really happy to be getting it.  These Aged Cheddar Lentil Loops are much healthier than other savory snacks but pack just as much taste.

Review:  Our favorite snack hands down.  Alex and I both really enjoyed this cheesy snack because the taste wasn't too overpowering and still quite present.  The crunch in the loops was really great too.  We will try out more snacks like this.

Ok, who can resist Strawberry Greek Yogurt Pretzels?  I knew I had to try these, whether in this flavor or blueberry.  Since I got the Blueberry  Almond Quinoa Bites, I opted for strawberry.  I can't find it on their website at the moment, so I assume they are out of stock but I have linked the blueberry ones.  I think these would be even more spectacular served chilled.

Review:  This was amazing!  I always enjoyed yogurt covered anything, but Greek yogurt? That's even better!  The tangy taste of the yogurt meets the sweetness of the strawberry flavor and the saltiness of the pretzels, amazing combo!

And remember last month when I mentioned how I can't resist Salted Caramel anything?  Well, can you blame me for trying this out?  Especially since I, unfortunately, did not enjoy last month's salted caramel treat, I am due to enjoy this flavor.  Salted Caramel Apple Popcorn seems like a dream.  Looking forward to trying this out.

Review:  This tasted exactly like apple crisp, in my opinion.  We both enjoyed this a lot, though the oat brought an intriguing twist to the popcorn; different and enjoyable.

Harvest Nut Mix is a mix of peanuts, wild rice sticks, almonds, edamame, toasted corn and sesame sticks.  An uncommon mix, if you ask me, and also why I had to get my hands on these.  I like interesting mixes like that and looking at these ingredients, I know they will also be a win for me.

Review: another hit in this household; this mix was so versatile and yummy it made me want to try a lot of their trail mixes to compare...and I have selected some :)

I asked for a surprise snack and Nature Box suggested Strawberry Lemonade Fruit Stars.  Honestly, I think Nature Box could just about recommend anything on their website and I would be happy with the selection (as long as it's not those pretzel bites I did not enjoy last month).  Happy to try out these fruit stars though, as I have been craving gummy anything lately.  This will be a great way to curb that craving.

Review: well...good news is, it tastes fine.  bad news, I am not a big fan of the texture.  I might still get their other flavors because it does help soothe a sweet craving but, it won't curb a gummy craving as it's not exactly chewy.


I asked for Sriracha Cashew Crunch but, unfortunately, Nature Box was sold out.  Based on my previous month's review, Nature Box suggested Peanut Butter Graham Jam as a replacement.  This was on my list of things I wanted to try out, so there's not complaints here (and I also know I'll eventually get to try the Sriracha Cashew Crunch).  This mix includes : peanut butter covered mini graham crackers, peanuts, raisins and dried cranberries.  While I'm not a big fan of dried raisins, I think I can deal with these ones, as they aren't mushy (I prefer them to be chewy).

Review: It seems I could handle the raisins in this mix. Honestly, these were pretty fantastic!  The mix of the cookies with the peanuts and dried fruit was so well balanced it help curb a bunch of different cravings all at once.  And the Peanut Butter Graham squares, the best part of it all.

Unfortunately, I had a second item that was out of stock for this month: Praline Pumpkin Seeds but I am happy with the replacement Nature Box selected for me : Cheddar and Onion Sunflower Kernels. The flavor is self-explanatory, and also one of my all-time favorite flavors for snacks.

Review:  Wow! this packs so much flavor, I am in love!  Salty, but not too salty; cheesy, but not too cheesy; and the onion flavor was pretty good :)  Will definitely want to try more like this in the near future.

That conclude this month's Nature Box.  Stay tuned at the end of the month for my reviews of each of these snacks.  I will be including a link when I Unbox next month's Nathur Box, for easy access.  And also, don't forget about the free snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment