Search This Blog

Thursday 30 June 2016

Nature Box June 2016 Unboxing

I got a message last week informing there had been issues processing my shipment for June's Nature Box on time and that they would be sending a second one asap.  It's not too much delayed...usually get it around the 25th, and I got it on the 29th.  In either case, I am always quite pleased with the variety of snacks they provide so I knew a few days of waiting wouldn't hurt me.  Let me break down your options for Nature Box:


You can get:
5 snacks at 19,95$ per box or
10 snacks at 32.95$ per box

Shipment can be done to match your schedule:
Every week
Every two weeks or
Every month.

I opted for 10 snacks every month.  Shipping is free to US but costs 4.95$ for Canadians, which is reasonable. To try a free box, click here!

I added a review of last month's snacks in my last review.  If you want to check it out, click here. 

 First snack is Double Berry Fruit Peels which is a raspberry and blueberry fruit strips similar to Fruit to Go.  I have 10 strips and I know I commented on how I seem to be keeping my dried fruit for last in my previous comment but this is in a different format and I think they may get enjoyed a bit faster. Sorry, all you see is a foil packet... you can get a better look at what this fruit strip looks like by clicking on the link.

My review:  although these were great (similar to leather fruit strips combined with those twizzlers peel-up strings), guess what?  They ended up the last item in my box untouched.  I really should take the hint; dried fruit seem to not appeal to me like fresh fruit.  Should just avoid dried fruit altogether, unless they are part of a trail mix.  BUT, don't get me wrong.  These are great and I did enjoy them when I had them as my snack.

This one is the Probiotic Power Mix and I have been eyeing this for quite some time.  The mixture of colors just makes it so enticing.  This includes Cranberries, Greek yogurt covered apricots, sunflower seeds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, pecans and dried apples.  Such an amazing combo; I am looking forward to grabbing a handful to much on.

My review: I loved this!  Those yogurt covered apricot bits?  sooooo yummy! and the nuts are raw, not roasted, not salted, just as is.  I really liked the combination of flavors in this trail mix and I will definitely get some more at a later time.

I got the Peanut Butter Nom Noms which is a mini peanut butter oat cookie.  Same principle as the Dark Chocolate Nom Noms last month, different flavors.  And these darker morsels you see on the cookie?  Chocolate chips!  Yummy!

My review:  hmmm, these did not taste like peanut butter to me.  Were they tasty? yes.  But I was definitely looking for more than what it ended up being.  So far, my favorite Nom Nom remains the double chocolate one.

Look who came back a second month in a row!  These Kung Pao Pretzels are seriously addicting; Alex made a request I get these again this month, and I did.  Best described as oriental spicy pretzels.

My review:  well, you guys know this was a repeat from the previous month so we obviously enjoyed it.  We brought them with us on a road trip during vacation as we usually do get hungry when driving most of the day.  They hit the right spot: a little bit of sweet but mostly spicy = great combination!

Next is Honey BBQ Crunch which was in my recommendations this month.  It's a mixture of peanuts, honey roasted peanuts, cashews, pretzel morsels and BBQ seasoning.  Sounds pretty fantastic in my opinion.

My review:  These were pretty good!  I enjoyed the crunchy bits of pretzels in this nut mix the most; just added a little some extra texture in this medley.  The flavor was great too; could definitely taste the honey and bbq flavors and they went well together.

Since I started enjoyed Nature Box's granola mixes, I decided I'd give this one a go.  This is Chocolate Chia Granola and it's pretty much self descriptive : chocolate flavored granola with chia seeds.  I've quite enjoyed mixing chia seed with chocolate almond milk in the past (makes a sort of tapioca pudding texture) so I know these will be right up there too.

My review:  this granola was alright; I mostly had it as breakfast at the beginning of the month and I guess I prefer my granola over yogurt.  Was not wowed by it but was not disappointed either.  Was good.

Next are Masa Crisps which are pretty much corn chips with flax seeds on them.  This snack was recommended for me to try but I'm pretty sure I've tried a generic brand of these before and I liked them.

My review:  we've had store bought versions of this before and these taste just like them.  I realized these have flax in them after ordering them and I'm supposed to avoid flax so I gave these to Alex and he said he liked them.

I guess I was in a nutty feeling when I picked my pantry last month, this is the third mix for this month.  These are Sweet & Salty Nut Medley which is a mixture of Honey Roasted Peanuts, Peanuts, Almonds and Cashews, and, of course, salt.

My review:  These were good.  I always enjoyed mixing sweet and salty together (salted caramel anyone?)  This was no exception.  In fact, this was the first snack to disappear.

 Next is Sante Fe Corn Stix which apparently tastes like corn chips and salsa (makes sense as they are a mixture of masa corn and salsa seasoning).  This should be different.

My review:  this one was surprising for us.  It doesn't look like much but it really does taste like corn chips and salsa with a lot of crunch.  Perfect snack and something we'll likely get again in the near future.

And, last but not least, our popcorn of the month is Jalapeno White Cheddar Popcorn.  This is another one I've been eyeing for quite some time so I am happy to have them this month.

My review:  Wow!  Very flavorful and honestly my favorite popcorn Nature Box has sent my way so far.  This will make another appearance in a future box, that is for certain.

That concludes this month's box.  Stay-tunes for a review on these snacks next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment